Completed scope

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Hi,
I'm qualifying the Oracle Persistence Service but I'm not clear about the CompletedScope table. I read some forums (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=602281&SiteID=1) but I couldn't design a specific workflow to test the insert against the CompletedScope table.

Currently, I added a custom activity implementing the ICompensatableActivity interface, but it didn't work. I added a CompensatableTransactionScopeActivity, but I got the same results (it didn't work)

Is the completed scope table used by another functions? How can I design a workflow to test following methods:

protected override void SaveCompletedContextActivity(Activity activity)
protected override Activity LoadCompletedContextActivity(Guid scopeId, Activity outerActivity)

Regards
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2007 at 12:05 PM
Hi there,

There's a sample sequential workflow in WFTools.Samples.Workflow that allows testing of the COMPLETED_SCOPE functionality. You can see SaveCompletedContextActivity and LoadCompletedContextActivity being executed in the trace output of WFTools.Samples.Windows.

The easiest way to test in your own workflows is to add some form of loop activity.

Cheers,

Dean