Oracle Persistence and tracking

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Hi,

This is more question regarding the next release than is about the current functionality.

As is explaind in the release notes, only Oracle Persistence ( storing) is imeplemented in v3.0.
I was wondering if i can get some info on possibility complete Persistance and Tracking support to be included in the next release.

I see this implementation as great oportunity for wide usage of WWF when dealing with Oracle DB ( and large companies do use it), which is my problem :)

In my project we need to use Oracle as a data store, but now we are forced to use MSSQL for TRacking and Persistence and i'm looking forward on having Oracle replace my temporary SQLSERVER.

Any idea or rough plan will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

I'm allso willing to use even beta version of this application and participate in the process of the testing.

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Hi there,

Apologies for the slow reply, I've recently started a new job so things have been somewhat hectic!

The current release (0.3.0.0) supports Oracle Tracking & Persistence. The latest check-in has the most bugs fixed and is actively being used in production apps by various people. The code is still marked as alpha and is stable but, as I've mentioned previously here, I'm working to add unit tests and other bits and pieces in order to make sure we have a decent test suite for the core assemblies before I'm willing to mark things as beta.

Unfortunately this isn't my full-time job so I've had little time of late to make much in-roads on this! Hopefully we'll have something ready (i.e. in beta) by the end of May!

Cheers,

Dean
Cheers,