Strange problem with iis 6 win2003 OC 9

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:34 AM
Hi all

We are working on a web project with VS2008 and state machines. When we publish our site on an iis 5 (Windows XP) the persistence works fine, but when we move the application to the production server (Win2003) the persistence doesn't work correctly. This production server has like ten more production sites, no one of them with workflows.

When we recover a persisted workflow, the recovered one is in an incorrect state, plus, the persistence service does not save the states (no excepcion on saving or retrieving), but it can "recover" without problems (the " " because the recovered state machine is incorrect)

I though the server always recovers the same state machine because it always recover a machine in the same state, don't know why.

Anyone has faced the same problem? the site has his own thread pool, we were thinking about a problem related with this, but certainly we don't know what's the problem.

Using our iis 5 and pointing to the same database the system works fine; the only difference becomes because on XP we're using Xe client and the production server uses oracle cliente 9i

We start up the persistence service through Global.asax:

void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e) {
WorkflowRuntime workflowRuntime = new WorkflowRuntime();
[.......]
ManualWorkflowSchedulerService scheduler = new ManualWorkflowSchedulerService();
workflowRuntime.AddService(scheduler);

ConnectionStringSettings defaultConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["OUR CONNECTION STRING FROM WEB.CONF"];
workflowRuntime.AddService(new AdoPersistenceService(defaultConnectionString, true, TimeSpan.FromMinutes(1), TimeSpan.FromMinutes(1)));
Application["WorkflowRuntime"] = workflowRuntime;

workflowRuntime.StartRuntime();

}

As I said, this configuration works fine on an iis 5.

Please help!
Jun 15, 2008 at 9:45 PM
My mistake, sorry. The problem arises in the service that trigers the state machine, added tothe ExternalDataExchange service (need to recover from the runtime, not just using the service as a new class)

Sorry for my poor english and for my mistake :-|