WFTools Tracking- No Data in tracking prefix tables. is that common?

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Hi Dean,
I am using WFTools for a while. Thanks for your hardwork.
I got a question.
There is no Data in tracking prefix tables. is that common or should I  need to worry about them?

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Hi vasu,

There'll only be data in the tracking tables if you make use of the AdoTrackingService. The default tracking profile should track everything that happens in your workflows.

If you don't need tracking then you won't need any of the tracking tables.

Cheers,

Dean
Sep 24, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Dean,
Thanks for the reply.
But I am using tracking service & still I don't see any data in tracking prefix tables. Any idea? Should I get latest source?
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2008 at 9:40 AM
Hi vasu,

Sorry I misunderstood your question! The tables with a TRACKING_ prefix will only contain data in the following circumstances:

TRACKING_DATA_ITEM - if you've added data into the body of an ActivityTrackingRecord or UserTrackingRecord. See TrackingDataItem in MSDN for more information
TRACKING_DATA_ITEM_ANNOTATION - if you've added annotations to a TrackingDataItem
TRACKING_PROFILE - if you've customised the default tracking profile for a particular type of workflow
TRACKING_PROFILE_INSTANCE - if you've customised a tracking profile for a particular instance

So, in general use, you're unlikely to see data unless you have consciously changed the way things are tracked by default.

Cheers,

Dean