How to Get Current State In WFTools?

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:29 AM
I am beginner for WF i am using the release 94877 of WFTools.Anyone help me how i get the currentstate of the workflow and kindly tell me where i write this code at button event or where?
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking? What do you mean by status? Assuming that you're using a state machine workflow then you can use the StateMachineWorkflowInstance to obtain the current state of the workflow.

I'm afraid WFTools hasn't been maintained in quite some time (around 6 years ago). Are you using .NET 3.0? I'd highly recommend using a later version of the framework if at all possible - WFTools has not been updated to support .NET 4.0 and above but I believe there are commercial persistence and tracking providers available for .NET 4.0.

Thanks,
Dean
Jun 6, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Dean Thanks for your reply I tried to make custom tracking for Microsoft appfabric but i am not able to Code it properly as i dont have proper help for Custom persistence for AppFabric.If you did custom persistence for mysql then let me know i will share the code with you and then if you guide me where i am wrong

Regards
Jun 12, 2014 at 4:45 AM
Dean I search from book and i am able to get the Current Status which is by Instancename.GetWorkflowDefinition().ExecutionStatus.ToString() but it always give me Initiate Status even i click on Complete button in state machine workflow example provided in WFtools, and secondly When i run the application of wftools by selecting Persistence and Tracking Db(I have different databases for both wftools(Persistance Tables and Store Procedure) and WftoolsTracking(Tracking tables and Store Procedures) then it is giving me error message that Concurrent Connection cannot be opened in single transaction so if you please tell me either i have one database for persistance and tracking.
Waiting for your reply
Regards