GenericPersistenceService will run in .NET 4.0?

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Hi,

Good job. 

GenericPersistenceService will be run for .NET 4.0?

Best.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Hi there,

I'm not entirely sure to be honest I haven't tried yet! From what I understand the entire workflow runtime model has changed for WF4.0 so I'm guessing probably not... I may look into rewriting for .NET 4.0 once it goes to a more stable release (maybe beta 2).

Cheers,

Dean

2009/9/2 lagear <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

Good job. 

GenericPersistenceService will be run for .NET 4.0?

Best.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WFTools@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WFTools@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Dean Ward
E-mail: dean@iprinciples.com
Web: http://www.iprinciples.com/
Mobile: +44 (0)7776 144435

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hey Dean,

The last release of this was about 3 years back. Now that .NET 4.0 is released, is there any new releases planned?

Also, in your view, are there any other options/libraries which can be used to make WF work with Oracle?

- Raghu

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Hi Raghu,

I've no plans myself to release anything just yet. We're just ramping up our .NET 4.0 plans here at work so depending on when I can get a good look at the new WF 4.0 bits I'll have to wait on making a concrete decision. Unfortunately it's not my day job and I'm under a lot of load here right now, so no promises!

In terms of other providers for Oracle, I'm a little surprised that nobody has come out with a commercial product but, so far as I'm aware, WFTools is the only thing about... It's certainly in a usable enough state for persistence. Tracking I'm not as happy with, but it does the basics. Don't get me wrong it still has a fair way to go to be fully production ready; there are aspects of the pessimistic locking that I'm not happy with right now and the logging mechanism sucks. It also needs testing under a much heavier load than I could generate on my lowly laptop of the time!

Feel free to take what's there and pull it apart - there's no reason one couldn't go with taking the stored procs and just writing the bare minimum required to interface with WF. There's a lot of abstraction in there right now to deal with different platforms (Oracle, MySql, etc.) that could be ripped away.

Give me a shout if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Dean